Our patient consultation process involves:
Book an Appointment
- Book an appointment to see one or our PlantMed Doctors and gather your referral or patient health summary and any medical history that will assist with your appointment.
Patient Initial Consult
- Initial consult with your Plantmed Doctor, including detailed and thorough full health history, Medication selection and Cannabis Education. Completion of Governmental SAS B Application forms completed for up to 3 Medications depending on your condition and your Plantmed doctors discretion.
- Approval of SAS B Application (approximately 7 day turn around, longer for more complex applications).
- Patient medication dosing adjustment (titration) and review of treatment plan and completion of paperwork (45min-1hr).
- Medication dispensed to you by your nominated pharmacy.
Commencement of medication
- At this point you start taking your prescribed medication.
Notifying Your Treating Specialist/s
- Your PlantMed Doctor will notify your treating specialist/s of your approval, approved medications and dosing rates.
Complimentary Nurse Call
- Three weeks into your treatment you'll be contacted by a PlantMed nurse, this is to see how you are going, take clinical notes for your Doctor and answer any questions you may have.
Monthly Prescription Repeats
- Monthly prescription repeats via phone or Skype consultation with your PlantMed doctor (15 mins) including tracking patient progress and dosing.