PlantMed doctors accept all patient referrals in the area of Cannabis Medicine only. We work in conjunction with the patient’s treating Medical Specialist and General Practitioner to help track patient progress, symptom relief, medication interactions, and overall patient wellbeing. Referring doctors will be kept up to date on Governmental approval progress (patient’s SAS -B approval progress) and medication titration.
There is growing evidence that Medicinal Cannabis can benefit patients for a range of clinical conditions including:
- Chronic Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Palliative Care
- Cancer treatment induced nausea, appetite loss and sleep disturbance
Inclusion of the items outlined below in the referral facilitates a more streamlined application process and reduced Governmental (SAS-B) approval time:
- Patient’s condition
- List of symptoms which are not relieved by current medications/ treatments
- List all current medications/ treatments
- List past treatments and medications which have not relieved symptoms/were not effective
- Any associated adverse side effects of existing medication
- Inclusion of wording such as “Thank you for seeing my patient in regards to a trial of Medicinal Cannabis to help relieve the symptoms outlined above” or “Thank you for seeing my patient in regards to potential adjuvant treatment with Medicinal Cannabis”
Click here to download our referral form: Patient Referral Form
If you have any questions in regards to writing your patient referral please contact PlantMed on Phone 07 3193 9280. We also offer proforma referral form pads to make the referral process as easy as possible, so please phone us if you would like PlantMed referral form pads posted to you.
Please send patient referrals to PlantMed via Fax 07 3112 4344, Email or via a hard copy referral letter/form sent with your patient.
Phone 07 3193 9280 Fax: 07 3112 4344